Saturday, January 30, 2010

Ethical Dilemma... What Would You Do?

Ok, If you so happen to have read the entry before this one then you know I am on a weight loss plan that requires shakes. Last week I had place my first order for a few boxes of shakes and requested they send the order to the address in which I currently reside and not the address I have my mail sent to. *sigh* Once again reading is fucking fundamental, despite the fact my shipping address is plastered on everything as clear as day complete with written instruction to send it to the shipping address (place I currently reside) these brainiacs send it to my mailing address.

Since it had been delivered to my mailing address this required for me to wake up at the butt crack of dawn in order to go pick it up as they close early, therefore they are closed by the time I get off of work (the recession is hittin everyone). So I got the stuff and I went and told my co worker that the company she referred me to was bootleg and seemed to employed people who pay no attention to detail.

After I told her the story she suggested that I call the company and tell them that I have a few problems, 1) they delivered the order to the wrong address and 2) by them having delivered it to the wrong address I never received the order. She suggested I tell them they need to send me out a new shipment for free to the right address in order to fix their error. *sigh*

Now if I did that would I be purchasing a one way ticket to hell? I mean really I like the fact that I would be teaching their asses a lesson in reading and paying attention but the whole lying to get free product just makes my conscience hollar, "NO! Do the right thiiiing"...but as much as that shit costs it is rather tempting. What would you do?

3 comments:

  1. Lying about a product that is ultimately designed to help you in the long run is not a good look my friend. Don't do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right and my conscience would not allow for me to do such a thing. I just decided to go and get my stuff from another company.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see nothing wrong with calling them and telling them they need to fix the problem ie. get it back from the post office and resend it to you where you asked! I would not be making extra trips on account of their boot-legged-ness!

    ReplyDelete