Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Lipstick Kids

I remember when I was Lil bit's age having been dropped off at pre school with my other little friends I would watch how their mothers would give them a kiss on their forehead or cheek leaving traces of their lip stick. I saw how it brightened their day as they bounced into class silently showing off their mothers' token of affection.

I remember so desperately wanting my mom to do the same. I remember begging for kisses and being so happy when she would occasionally humor my little 4 year old request. What ever feeling was behind her kiss didn't matter I got what I wanted; the ability to show off like everyone else. LOL!

Within the last few months I have been wearing make up regularly (though I always wear lip gloss). A month ago I kissed Lil bit who at the time was rather reluctant on staying at school. When she realized that my lip stick left a mark on her face she beamed with joy and started silently boasting about her Mommy's "morning kiss" as she calls is. Since then it has become a morning ritual and I can see the other little kids eye balling here as she runs to the mirror in the bathroom just to make sure I left a token of my affection on her face.

Now as a child I did not go to that extreme and even as an adult it is extreme but as I step outside of myself as a parent/adult I see how my children react to the smallest of things and it often amazes me the impact it has on them. I often wonder what their fondest memories will be when they grow up; will it be the big things? Or, will be the little things? Not quite sure and I suspect I have some time before I find out but one thing I definitely do know is that my kids are happy that I have made them a part of the secret Lipstick Kids (that is what I called them at that age) club and they love it.

I will be writing about product reviews in my next entry...I have become addicted to some stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment