Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Commencement...

One of my readers had brought to my attention that I did not blog about my graduation ceremony on Saturday and wanted to know why? I am not sure why I neglected to blog about it ...oh yeah I know why. It just was not on my mind to blog about it because the day, the whole weekend itself was hustle and bustle on the go all the time.

I had "issues" getting to the ceremony on Saturday. What should have been a 20 minute trip turned into a 45 minute trip. So after getting lost (took the wrong exit) and finally getting back on the right street I ended up sitting in traffic. A combination of road construction and people trying to get into the parking garages so they could get into the ceremony I was stuck. I did the next best thing, I changed into my cap, gown and stole in the car...oh yeah and I started praying. I was so close to tears because I knew the processional had already started and I did not come all this way not to walk.

Once I finally parked and ran to the arena I got in and they were looking for last minute graduates so they could get people lined up and onto the arena floor. I got to the entrance to the arena floor and found out my degree program had already went in and was seated. I almost lost it until a man on the commencement staff came and introduced himself as frat and vowed to help his soror out(thank God for frat brothers who have a heart for sorors with tears in their eyes), well he got me seated then we sat for what would be a long ass time of speeches; telling us to not stop here at this point move up and move on but come back and work for the school, whah, whah , whah. I spent 14 years working on this and now I am done please, oh please give me my paper??

Anyway... I walked. I was happy. Some sorors of both my sororities walked as well and I hollered for them as they did for me. Afterward I saw my family we took pictures, Sorors stopped by to congratulate me, the kids and I went out to eat and I went home to sleep because I was tired.

Now... I am trying to figure out where do I go from here now that I am done. I need to figure some thing out because one can't take a break when they are on the road to world domination. *evil laughter* Just kidding...maybe, maybe not. >:-)

2 comments:

  1. Girll and your pics showed every bit of that but that's ok you are here now! Congrats! So what are the next steps?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Next step is career development and grad school, hopefully starting in March.

    ReplyDelete