Sunday, May 23, 2010

Nonchalant...

Usually in a new situation when I first meet/start talking to/dating some one I find that I easily become the aggressive one in the situation and I find that I am the one initiating the next steps in what ever the situation is. In a few entries back I wrote about Tech and how he was sent to Germany days before we were supposed to have gone out on our first date.

Tech leaving made me fall back a little bit after all he was going to be in Europe and Europeans are a little bit more laxed and in some ways less conservative than Americans so I could imagine how much fun he was going to be over there having (girls, girls, girls, girls) so I decided to leave the pace up to him and just chill. If he was interested in talking to me cool if not, cool.

So apparently I have an aggressive mentor and friend. My friend, Rani, had been pushing me to get Skype so he and I could speak to each other but I was like nawww, he didn't mention it nor ask so I am not getting it. My mentor had suggested that at first I go to Germany and visit him and now that he is in England for the duration of his assignment she has suggested a trip to England. Hmmmm, no for so many reasons. Not that I wouldn't want to go as I like the idea of being only a 3 hour drive away from France, and a 1 hour flight away from Germany, but going over seas is very low on a long list of priorities right now. However, I have been treading light around the office in order to avoid accidentally walking into an over seas assignment to support Global HR in England. *looks from side to side*

Anyway, as he got settled into living in England he did ask when I was coming out there to see him and I had to look around for wondering if he had hidden cameras in the office or if he was monitoring my same time conversations *looks from side to side*. Yesterday as I was in the midst of my bi weekly FB teasing and harassing him he finally asked me when was I going to get Skype. I told him that I'd down load it and we scheduled a time to talk.

Ok, first off Skype is cool. I like it. We were on for over 3 hours last night and had the best conversation (I love talking to him). It felt so good to see him and hear his voice. One thing I found a little surprising was that he said he missed me and I could tell he was really sincere in that sentiment. I say that is surprising because we did not have a lot of time with each other. All of our interactions were more so the few times we would see and speak to each other at work. I guess one never knows the impact that they make on a person in such little time.

Well anyway he said that he felt bad for having to leave so suddenly before we could even go out, though I know it was not his fault, he will be making it up to me when he gets back. >:-)

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry; I must have missed my "thank you for being the aggressive friend who suggested Skype to me in the first place and if you weren't in charge of my life, I don't know how I would get through the day"

    ReplyDelete