Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The Date (Part 2)

So when I got to the restaurant I ended up having to wait 10 minutes for him to arrive and once he called me to let me know he had arrived I got out of my car to walk to the front of the restaurant to wait for him. What I was not expecting was for him to bring his friend. As he was introducing me to his friend I was thinking, what the fuck?? I mean really this is a date not a social network outing. So, he gives me the excuse that his boy was out shopping with him and his daughter today and he had to drop him back off at home, which is in Waldorf, MD and he did not want to risk being excessively late to have dinner with me so he brought him along. He asked me if I minded and I said no, in my head I figured I would just go a head and get the date over with then go on about my business.

But before I go on let's do some math, shall we? Dude lives in VA , picked his boy up from Waldorf, MD and when we spoke they were leaving a PG County mall that was 30 mins or less from Waldorf. So, why not drop your boy off on the way home, then come up and see me? So, I gather he was not sure by my pic (I look better in person than I do my pics I might add...lol) and if I was not attractive to him then he would use having to take his boy home as an excuse to postpone our date (surprise, surprise I am very pretty! *rolls eyes*). Hey, that is the best rationale I could come up with. If you have one better then feel free to throw it out there.

Moving on... so in my opinion he looked better in his pics than in person, thus the fucking joke was on my ass and I should have been the ignorant negro and brought my girl with me so I could have left and dropped her off at home. We go into the restaurant, we sit at a table and his boy goes to sit at the bar. Granted there was an awkward silence for a few minutes mostly for me I was trying to process what the fuck was happening. So, I forced myself to talk and once I settled down the conversation began to roll. As we began to talk I noticed his breath had that I brushed my teeth but I need to see a dentist smell making me pull back juuuust a little. I was not going to hold that against him especially since I still had him bringing ole boy on my mind.

We talked, I messed with the waiter a little bit, how do you not have lemonade?? Then we ate, he had fish and shrimp, and I had chicken salad. He complimented me on my hair, skin etc. The conversation was going good...until he started asking me about vacation and then asked where do I want US to go on vacation and saying that WE should make it a point to go on vacation together before the summer ends. Come on now, first date and you want to take me on vacation? Really? Come one now... seriously. I mean really?? I made it a point to remind him that I already had vacation plans in the works and we would have to see what happens in the end. I told him that I had a curfew (which I did) and he said he had to go to the bathroom once the check came.... I looked at him side ways but was most definitely prepared to pay the bill and get the fuck out of there if need be. Alas he came back, paid for the bill and all three of us walked outside. His friend and I did the friendly it was nice meeting you thing and my date walked me to my car.

Considering the fact I did not have time to process everything that just happened, I was tired as hell from being at the NPHC picnic early that afternoon and chasing after kids all I wanted to do was say, good bye and take my ass home. So I went to give him a hug, he kissed me on my neck as I kissed him on his check and he made me promise him to text him when I got home. Yeah, I flew the hell home thinking that he and I can kick it but to say there is going to be something serious come out of all this... nahhh. I'll pass. Like the conversation and like the company when I want it. There should be no further expectations on his part because I don't have sex so we should be cool... unless he pulls that I don't want to be your friend shit out of his ass.

Anyway... I brought my ass home and talked to Prodigal on the phone for quite a while then took my ass to sleep. The adventures of dating I swear. Thank the Lord I am not really taking any of this seriously because I am finding it all quite amusing.

3 comments:

  1. Loser with a capital "L". He could have finessed things much better than he did..

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!@ Rashad. My girlfriend told me that I should have been all over his friend, who by the way was cuter than he was was and more my type, but I could not imagine taking it there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you had pulled that off, you'd be up for pimp of the year

    ReplyDelete