Monday, June 8, 2009

A Voice On the Phone...

Ok, ok sooo I picked up the phone and the voice on the end was of this guy that works in another department of my company. Basically he was calling in regards to something I had submitted. It was friendly, slightly flirty conversation in regards to the profile and my rushing to get out of the office. Unusual for me it was because though we have spoken before for some reason this time was different, he peaked a curiosity in me so to speak.

I began to ask around wondering what he looked like, curious to fit the voice with a face, plotting my way to take a tour of that part of the company just to find out. Of course, the plots were just thoughts and I let it be. We had been calling one another more often than usual on business related issues and often times we would engage in idle chatter about all things outside of work. Finally one day I decided to send him an IM message just to say hello and things took a different direction from there. It was cool and all good, I liked our conversations and such so everything was cool. As my day started to come to an end so did the conversation or so I thought and then he asked if he could call me later on and I said sure, exchanged numbers and we spoke on the phone that night.

We attempted to get off of the phone on a few occasions only to start up a spirited conversation about another subject that we both had a passion for. It was not until 4 AM and a T Mobile dropped call that I figured we really needed to call it quits. I came in the next morning and sent him pics of myself so he knew what I looked like and he did the same. He expressed wanting to meet me for dinner the following day, which I gladly had no issue with obliging as my curiosity of the man behind the phone still was not satisfied with IMs, email pics and phone calls.

So, I agreed to the date. We set a time and place which had changed a few time by the time it was all said and done. I get there and....to be continued...

2 comments: