Sunday, October 11, 2009

Glutton For Punishment

Last month I mentioned that I was doing a 30 day no complaining challenge and I practically bombed at my attempts to meet this challenge because I complained a whole lot more than usual.

In my journey for personal growth and awareness I have gone on a spending fast. Yes, a spending fast. During this fast I will only pay bills and purchase the things that are needed only when needed, the money I save from this challenge will be tucked away in savings. I have not set goal of how much money I want to save all I know is that I want/need to save as much money as I possibly can over the next few months.

I am trying not to think about all that I am giving up to do this; starbuck's caramel apple spice, eating out when I feel like it or buying a pair of shoes or a new outfit on a whim. Ahhhhh...*sheds a tear* I will be better off for it in the end.

I know my girl friend is reading this and may be wondering why I am blogging at this particular time but I am doing it because I can. LOL! Now I am going back to the "bonding" session.

No comments:

Post a Comment