Thursday, April 29, 2010

Not Every Thing Is For Every Body

A few months ago I wrote a blog about this semi liquid diet that my co worker coaxed me into doing and I quickly remembered that I can't do all the things that the other little kids on the play ground do. LOL! I got sick off of it and I mean SIIIICK. So my having gotten sick along with missing the action of tasting and actually chewing my food I said fuck it and just stopped. I couldn't take it any more. My girlfriend mentioned that Weight Watchers was waiving registration fee for their online program so and suggested that we re start the program together. The first three weeks were easy peasy. I was straight on point with food and water intake. As the fourth week rolled around the newness of it all had worn off and I was slipping back into my old habits and getting real bored with the program.

I began to feel as though I had to fight with myself and push myself to keep going; until one of my friend posted on FB that she was going to a WW meeting and then later posted that she was only a few pounds from her goal. First let me say that I am so proud of her! :) C worked so hard and reached her goal but what was most admirable is that she documented her journey and shared it with others. For some one to open their life up to other people in such a manner is brave for the most part. Once again, congrats Lady! Following her had given me a dose of inspiration to push past the boredom of it all and stick with it. Oh yeah and Jennifer Hudson rolling on the scene looking like she lost almost a whole person really got me motivated too. So after having been on the program for 6 weeks I am down 17lbs. Yeaaaaa me! I am definitely hoping I will be down another 30-40lbs by the end of the summer.


I am trying hard to get motivated to work out but it seems like there is always something working against me. My co worker and I had decided to start walking at lunch time and what do you know I got attacked by these here allergies and was sick. Once I start feeling as though I can go walking with out passing out I have a bathroom accident... last night I was cleaning out the tub so my daughter could take her bath. My feet were on the edge of the bathroom rug and I was on my the tips of my toes, bent over the tub trying to reach the far part in the back of the tub and then it happened...it was like some one came and literally pulled the rug from up underneath the tips of my toes, I fell in the tub and slammed my leg on the edge of the tub. I was HURT! My foot was cramped, my leg was hurt. Lil Bit runs in and asked what happened and told her nothing. She giggled to herself and said, "Looks to me like you fell in the tub Mommy." kids gotta love them. Anyway, I woke up this morning with a sore and very swollen leg. Just ugh!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your weight loss!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go 'head girl!!! 17 pounds in a few weeks it took me like 4 pounds!! Get it! I don't know about your job but see if they will let you get a room and tv and dvd player at my office they do that for us at luncht ime it was a great way to workout without going outdoors!!

    PS *blushing* thank you ;-)

    ReplyDelete