Thursday, February 19, 2009

Can't Sleep...

I answered a phone call tonight from one of my favorite Sorors. She sounded slightly funny but I figure she caught the bug every one else had. When she asked if I was sitting down I was wondering what outlandish menagerie of a mess she was going to fill me in on, unfortunately it was not mess it was bad news. Our soror was shot and killed yesterday afternoon by her boyfriend who then killed himself.

It is so surreal right now. How could she be gone? She can't be gone. I just saw her, just spoke to her, just hugged her Sunday night and now she has been taken...

All I can do is just sit in silence as the tears roll down my face, while trying not to allow the sadness from keeping me from praying to God that he holds and keeps her family and that my chapter Sorors and I make it through this sad time. RIP my beautiful Soror.

2 comments: