Tuesday, February 10, 2009

India.Arie

Some one gave me the CD and I am thankful it was given to me because after listening to the whole CD, I know I would have been pissed if I had dropped even $5 on it (ya know the Hustle Man price). Me personally I did not like the CD overall even though there are all of two songs on the CD that I actually like the CD sugggs.

I remember when she first hit the scene with Video. That was a nice jam to bump in your car and sing along with. Though it has been deemed by some as the "ugly girls anthem" I still like it. Over the years as she released more albums there were songs that I liked but as time has gone on I see a serious change in her music and it no longer grabs me like it used to. Maybe it is my style, I like mellow music that I can still groove to... that smooth stuff; my boys Maxwell and Dwele come to mind and Hil St. Soul are in that same category right along with them.


I don't know this CD just seems to be bohemian, spiritual, socially conscious and really deep. Like makes you sit and ponder on the state of the world and reexamine your life and spirituality deep. I have enough to ponder on in life therefore no thanks India.

No comments:

Post a Comment