Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Gotta Get Away...

I expressed to a friend last week that I had a lot going on. When he asked what was going on I gave him a vague answer but when I actually thought about it all I realized though some of what is going on in my life is good and some is not so good it all equals to stress; along with the impact of my Soror's death I feel I am to a point where I need to go away by myself, relax and try to regroup.

Since I did not have a destination already chosen I decided to do a search on weekend get aways and some body please tell me why, oh why do most places only cater to couples?? Why do they place emphasis on the "romantic get away"? Granted I am not involved with any one and I am just dating/getting to know/talking to folks what ever you want to call it therefore no situation exists that would warrant a romantic getaway. Yet, even if I was involved I would still want to take the time for myself to be by myself.

I mean damn is there any where nice yet inexpensive where I can go for some me time, some quiet time?

I also realized that I need an outlet. Some thing that I can do in order to keep the stress down. I may end up going back to crocheting, knitting, or painting. I can't wait until I am completely done with school in September then I will be able to pick up some recreational classes and do something that brings about relaxtion and not stress.

3 comments:

  1. Go to a bed and breakfast in Williamsburg man. They are quiet, quaint, and near the outlets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go to a bed and breakfast in Williamsburg man. They are quiet, quaint, and near the outlets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Rashad I found some really nice places down there.

    ReplyDelete