Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Metro Rail We Meet Again...

Ugh! Though Metro's prices continue to change I see the Metro rail service and its users don't. For the first time in seven years I had to take the train during the rush hour period into DC. Everything was cool until I got to the orange line platform. There was this man standing on the platform with his blackberry in one hand and promptly digging way up in his nose with the other. I had to move myself in a position where I could not see him every time I looked up. I was just amazed that he was doing it like it was the "in thing" to do. No tissue, not even a paper bag or newspaper to help him in his task just straight fingers. *vomits in mouth*

As I moved far enough away as to not come into contact with this person, because unlike every one else I KNOW where his hands have been, I saw the lights on the platform begin to blink indicating the train was coming. I was so excited because I was making good time and the train would be there in approximately 1 min according to the lil message board. Well, something seemed a little weird when after 5 mins I had been standing there and the lights on the platform were still blinking. As I looked up the lil message board said the train was boarding. Helllz no it is not boarding, that is not possible for it to be boarding because there is NO TRAIN.

So, this little delay made me almost 15 mins late for my interview but I guess since I went in there and rocked that shit, rock that shit homie I can't really complain to much. But the train ride there made me really think if I want to take on the adventures of Metro Rail every morning for the next something odd years. The ride back was not so bad, the numbers of riders were greatly reduced which is fine with me, I am the type of person that needs three feet of personal space and is a germophobe thus the hand sanitizer was in full effect after witnessing the picker from early in the morning. As I was making the trek back to Greenbelt a nice gentleman came up to me and asked me if I had the time, as I gave him the time he said, "I just wanted to let you know that you are a pretty young lady." I felt that was so sweet of him to give a simple compliment that was not followed by question of, you gotta man? Or, can I have your phone number? You know? Get to know each other. Call you sometimes? I gotta be honest with you though I have a girlfriend but I would love to get t know you *rolls eyes*. None the less it was something sweet and simple. I hope those young lil hip hoppy dudes on the train was watching and taking notes. LOL!

Anyway, I have to gear myself up to go into work tomorrow and have a conversation with my supervisor. I have been informed that she will be getting a phone call for the purposes of checking my references and I don't want her to be caught off guard. I can say hands down she is one of the best supervisors I have ever had within the last few years and it is going to be tough leaving if an offer were to be made; but hey I would get over it... quickly.

1 comment:

  1. And people think I'm crazy when I tell them the Metro is full of wonderful, weird people and stories.

    ReplyDelete