Sunday, May 31, 2009

People Are Crazy!

I was talking to one of my gentleman friends tonight and some thing disturbing came out in our conversation. He was talking about buying a home and he kept on talking about specifically renting the top portion to a woman with children and he stay in the basement portion of the house. Considering I have always had the gut feeling that he was not one to entrust with the care of ones child I asked him, why he specifically would rent to women with children annnnd this was his answer, " Because women with children seems to be more trust worthy and in the event they screw me over I have access to their kids". I said. "what?! Children are the innocent in everything. If you want your money then take their butts to court." And he said, "That is how white people solve their issues and don't know body care about being taken to court. I am tired of getting screwed over by people and if some one screws me over I will go for the jugular... if I had they momma's address I would go for their momma too. I would go for the things that mean the most to them."

I immediately got off the phone and sat in silence with a blank stare on my face. Though I told my girlfriend I was going to put him in a certain category I figured I would be best served if I scratched him off of my list (so much for giving people benefit of doubt) all together as I already know all I need to know. Gawd, so sad he is a walking news report just unfortunately waiting to happen.

There is such a plus in taking ones time and really getting to know some one and how they view things; it prevents from entering into bad situations and folks just end up weeding themselves out of the garden that is my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment