Sunday, August 1, 2010

Hair and Skin (Product Reviews)

I'm mad. I think I am partly mad at myself and partly mad at Johnson & Johnson for making a boot leg product. I am talking about their Clean and Clear 3 in 1 foaming facial wash and their Deep Cleaning Astringent. At this moment I have a rash on my face from it. As soon as I smelled how fragrant it was I immediately knew that nothing good was going to come of it but I kept up hope. After all it was not going to be an on going thing as I was going to eventually go to Macy's and purchase the Clinque Acne Solutions products (the foundation is great) that I love so much and that work so well on my skin (all thumbs up on this one the). Ok back to bootleg clean and clear (so bootleg I did not properly write the name), so not only was the product to fragrant it did not foam like a foaming face wash should and the astringent is entirely too strong. They do have sensitive formula but I don't even want to risk it. Thank God it is pay day this past Friday and I was able to high tail it over to Macy's to get my stuff; now all is right in my world (will be once this painful rash goes away). Since I don't like wasting money I will use the supposed foaming facial wash to wash the foundation off of my hands after I apply it to my face (apply foundations with my hands is better than using a sponge).

I have been sampling two different hair products; coconut oil and Oyin Handmade whipped pudding. I LOVED the coconut oil, it was not heavy on my hair but it also moisturized it as well. Oyin Handmade was rather good. I can't say I used it all over my head but I used it on one portion of my hair and it seemed to have had good control over the frizz in the section that I had placed it on I like it, thus far.

I have not had any kind of chemical treatment for going on 4 months and I kind of feel myself approaching the point to where I want to just cut all the relaxer out of my hair (aka the big chop). I think I am going to give it another couple of months before I do that because I am scared. I have zero clue what my hair is going to be like or how it is going to act after I cut the length off. Yeah, I know it is just hair and it will grow back but it is a different texture of hair that I will be learning how to work with and what I don't want to happen is for me to cut it all off and then I won't be able to do much of anything with it. I don't want it to enter into the Bush Wick Bill or Sheep's behind looking territory (that is my biggest fear).

Hmmmmmm I don't know maybe I will do something impulsive and just do it and deal with it accordingly. After all there are wigs and weaves and luck would have it that one of my girlfriend's is going back home to India in a few weeks and she is going to cop me some weave while she is over there (cross fingers). Hey, I am not perfect and I will always have a back up option.




No comments:

Post a Comment