Tuesday, August 17, 2010

What Do Men Really Think?

Teach and I were talking a few weeks ago and I was all up in the video cam trying to fix my hair and he was like, "ok what gives? Your hair is fine." I then revealed to him that I was going natural, I was not yet comfortable with the transition piece of it and I wanted to make sure my hair looked nice. This sparked a conversation about his preference for women with natural hair and how he likes natural hair better. Now, it is not that I wrote him off or any thing...ok so I did think he was trying to make me feel better and comfortable with the whole process. Buuut I am beginning to think not so much.

Early this afternoon one of our techs came down stairs to visit my group (everyone LOVES HR)and when he saw me he went straight for my hair. He started playing in my curls. I was like ok, I know we are cool like that but ummm really lay off the curls. This lead to a conversation about a man's preference of how women wear their hair. His stance was most men like women with unprocessed hair because they can play in it with out having to hear complaints of messing the hair up. He said that he got into a debate on some forum about the subject and the women seem to think that men like hair weaves, long straight and silky relaxer hair, but him and some of his boys are like negative.

I can honestly say that the men I have dated loved that my hair was long, it was thick and it was straight...hell they were just happy that my hair was real. I had an ex that used to get upset when I cut or colored my hair...so I cut it and colored it more. LOL! Anyway, I ask the men out in the world, how do you like for a woman's hair to be? Natural? Relaxed? Weave? What's your pleasure?


No comments:

Post a Comment