Sunday, February 3, 2013

30 Day Blog Challenge: Day 1- List 20 Random Facts About Yourself

*sigh* 20 random facts is a lot but I'm going to stick it out...here goes nothing.

1. I am a mother of 2 handsome 13 soon to be 14 year old young men and 1 pretty, sassy little 7 year old girl. I'm crazy about them, they know I can be a little crazy in real life and I'm glad they laugh at my moments of craziness.

2. Some times I have to withdraw from everything and everyone. In my personal and professional life I am literally the "go to" person or the one that people come to to "fix" the stuff they have messed up. Considering I have no one for me to "go to" all the time about everything and anything, I get over whelmed with people laying their cares and burdens on me; yet I still have my own to contend with, which leads me to withdraw from everyone so I can decompress, handle my own affairs and renew myself.

3. I'm a very quiet person and people mistake that in a lot of the wrong ways. I am either observing, thinking, plotting, planning, contemplating, reflecting or listening. Sometimes I might be holding my tongue, angry, growing angry or I may just be in a state of not caring at all.

4. Most conversations begin and end with me. I'm carrying so many secrets that if I wanted to I could write best selling novels. However, I don't like betraying the trust of those that confide in me so I shall take it with me to my grave and just spill it to Peter at the entrance of the pearly gates. LOL!

5. I am honest to a fault. Yes, I can't help but tell the truth even if I have to tell it in the most graceful manner. I am very methodical in what I say so if you ask me a "hard" question and find that I am silent then I am most likely searching for the most graceful, most gentle way of telling you the truth.

6. I'm really not as anti-social as I make myself out to be. I just don't particularly fool with too many people. I have become very selective in who I spend my time talking to and/or going out with. If I truly feel as though someone is on some bull shit, trying to play me or if that person is messy as hell then 9 times out of 10 I will not deal with them or deal with them from a respectable distance and yes this does include family as well.

7. I'm stubborn as hell. Most times my positions/stance will not be moved on something especially if it is something I feel very strongly about. It will really take someone to come to be with a few good points for me to ponder on before I will adjust my position/stance a little.

8. I hate my name. Sorry Mom! But I have never liked my name and the only reason why I have not changed it is because 1) My mother would be pissed, 2) My name was inspired by one of my favorite uncles and God Father and 3) I come from a large family that will NOT know nor acknowledge me by any other name. Thank the sweet baby Jesus for nicknames...people will either shorten my name or grow close enough to me to give me a nickname that I have earned or display characteristics of .

9. I have a superb defense mechanism in place which starts off with observation, reading people in conjunction with their interactions with me. Yeah. I think it works most times but there may be a rare occasion where someone that is great may slip through the cracks. I don't do confrontation unless I feel it is necessary I just quietly remove myself from the situation. Most times quietly removing myself from a situation is easy because that person wasn't doing much calling/texting/interacting with me in the first place so for me to fall off has not been too noticeable in the past.

10. No matter what I do whether it is right or wrong, I will let a person know before I do it as a heads up. What? I'm not a sneaky person therefore I don't engage in sneaky activity. *shrugs*

11. I will admit when I'm wrong and the other is right but one has to prove it first. :)

12. I'm a multi tasker and I need to have something to do all the time. A good balance of mindless games or watching TV and actual busy work help me keep it all together.

13. I don't like lies, bull shit, tardiness nor do I like excuses. If you're greek then you should know about excuses.

14. I have more patience with children than I have with adults.

15. My favorite colors are pink, purple and teal.

16. I'm not a red Roses type of woman. I LOVE Tulips, especially white and purple Tulips.

17. I am a hopeless romantic. I just try to keep it under wraps.

18. Being alone/by myself is a security blanket for me.

19. Flattery gets you no where with me, I am a modest and very humble person. Straight talk and action upon action upon action to back up the straight talk will get one further then telling me how wonderful and awesome I am. Ok, you figured that much out then treat me as such. *shrugs*

20.  To know me is to truly love me and the way to my heart is to spend time with me ie; talking and going out.

Phew! That was hard. So glad that is over.



1 comment: