Monday, February 4, 2013

30 Day Blog Challenge: Day 2- 3 Legitimate Fears

Legitimate fears? A fear is a fear but any whooo...

I am afraid of heights. When I was about 4 years of age a male family member had picked me up and started throwing me up in the air. He acted as if he was not going to catch me, which left me with the feeling of not particularly liking being thrown almost 7 feet in the air, with a strong uncertainty that someone was going to be there to catch me. So since then I have been afraid of high places. If I am in a position where I have to go up higher than what I'm comfortable with I get really quiet and I hold on tight to who ever I am with.


I also have a fear of clowns. They freak me out, I don't like them, don't understand their purpose and quite frankly I don't care to. This fear came about when I was young, I snuck and watched Stephen King's 'It', this movie had completely changed my outlook on clowns.


Last but never least I have a fear of snakes. I have always feared snakes since I could remember. How this fear came about I have no clue and particularly do not care. All I need to know is snakes bites, snakes bad...very bad. Last year I was running on one of the bike trails and I saw a snake slithering across my path. Talk about Flo Jo express and that I was; I literally hauled ass. I think that may have been one of my fastest runs ever since I started running. I remember for months after that snake sighting I always made sure to slow down and keep on the look out for snakes. I remember my friend rolling his eyes at me when I screamed after having stepped on a twig thinking it was a snake. Yeah the fear is real, I will show my whole ass and not really care one way on another.

So yeah those are the big three fears.

2 comments:

  1. Man listen! Clowns are scary! Permanent smiles? Pasty white skin? No ma'am.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Thank you! Rani was reading and snickering. The fear is real I tell you!

      Delete