Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Au Naturale...

So I decided a few months ago that no matter what I do or how I feel, I would stop relaxing my hair. So when I first started this journey of growing the relaxer out I figured I could just get a texturizer so my hair can be more manageable, negative. I hate the damn texturizer and I just need to go cold turkey on this one. So I am sucking it up and trying different transitional styles a long the way.

Slight confession, I saw a woman at my job with a low cut and a fade on the sides. It cross my mind for all of 5 minutes to have my head shaved off and rock a fade but I remembered the large dent I have on the back of my head, I remembered that I like having long hair and just figured it would be an all around no.

Ok, moving on...

So I have tried co washing tonight with Suave Humectant conditioner/sealed with olive oil- two thumbs up, tried herbal essence totally twisted gel- two thumbs down, two strand twist set on spiral rods- two thumbs up.

Real quick, the conditioner was great, the style is cute but the gel is horrible left my hair crispy and crunchy. I hope it looks cute in the morning and not matted that way I can make it through the work day and come home to do it all over again and hopefully I can get it right. So to add insult to injury I used a QP Ice, Paul Mitchell skinny serum and some Natural oasis. Sooooo not only do I have crunchy crispy hair it is a smide on the oily side. FML.


Ok so I am going to stop complaining. I will do it over and over again until I get it right. I will be utilizing this style for a while because I like it just that much. So if any one has any product recommendation please drop it in the comment box. Thanks a million and good night.



1 comment:

  1. A friend of a friend has recently gone au naturale and is documenting on youtube. Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/user/wugambina#

    ReplyDelete