Thursday, July 1, 2010

It's So Necessary

Now that we have flew through June into the month of July it is really time for me to sit down and begin planning the logistics of my up coming move. I have already been saving rather large sums of money in order to better prepare myself for the new transition and most importantly emergencies but there was one thing that I realized is a must to factor into the budget, a maid.

Yes, I said a maid. I don't know why I feel some shame in obtaining a maid to provide cleaning services to my new place on a regular basis...oh yeah I know why because I was raise in a deeply southern family that believed you are to clean up behind yourself. Both sides of my family believe that it is a duty more so of a woman to clean the house from top to bottom which I have no issues doing however looking at my life that is not possible to do, not even to do on a monthly basis. Gosh, I have children, work, working on business start up, sorority obligations , among other things I just don't have the time, energy nor inclination to break out the heavy duty cleaning supplies and start busting suds and dust.

Did I justify my soliciting the services of a maid? Oh well I feel justified in soliciting a maid service. If any one out there has any recommendations of a good maid service in the DC or Bmore area to use please let me know (I know y'all have a maid -_- )??

Yeah, yeah so I got tired of searching the net and decided to write a blog asking for recommendations. Stop talking about me and please dish the info...oh and make it a blessed evening on purpose.

2 comments:

  1. No shame had one since my first year of law school over 10 years ago now. Best investment I make every two weeks! My guy only does the Owings Mills Bmore county area but text me and I'll send you his info and another one that's good too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hold up!! Your maid is a guy??/ LOL! All this time I thought you had a little old lady cleaning your house.

    ReplyDelete