Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Guess Who's Coming To Town???

It is entirely to early in the morning therefore I am not going to sit here and throw out a bunch of potentially useless hints just for me to tell you at the end that Prodigal is coming to town. Actually his plane will be touching down at my local airport within the next few hours.

I am not going to say too too much right now because I forgot that I did give him a link to the blog but...well what the hell...

When he called me bursting with excitement at the news that he would be coming to town this week. I could hear the "I get to finally see and spend some time with the woman that I love" sound in his voice; all the while I am thinking yeaaa, my good friend is coming to town *throws confetti*. Evidently you can see that there are two different levels of expectations for how this visit is going to go. I know that I will eventually have to "talk" to him about how I am feeling... actually I am dreading having the "ship has been set a a blaze, sailed and our friendship is the only thing that remains amongst the ashes" conversation. I don't want to hurt his feelings and I don't want to lose one of the best males friends a girl could ever have.

Granted I have thought about and dreamed of a life with him but in reality 8 years later I am a totally different person than I was from when he and I first began dating. Through out everything that has happened and everything that has been done I have moved on and let go. I think I am over thinking this but to hear the excitement in his voice at "spending time" with me I don't think I am far off from my thoughts on how we differ in our expectations of one another during his stay.

Ok folks I have to get back on my grind but you all stay blessed and breezy!

With Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment