Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Moving On...

I guess the sun, moon and stars had aligned to bring Prodigal and I back together for one last meeting. No, not like that we just had lunch. I can honestly say seeing him made my day for I know part of me would be mad if he let this thing between us get in the way of at least seeing one another before he left. Like I told him at lunch, when everything else is gone away the one thing left should be our friendship.

I was honest with him about where I was in my life and in my feelings for him. At some point he slowly realized that what ever he was carrying for me he had to let it go. In the end I felt good that I did not leave it on the note that I was singing in my last entry. My kumbaya ass does not really like leaving things off on a kick rocks note, especially when a friend that I care about is involved.

One thing I can say is that all this seems to be so timely and I know that God has designed it this way for a reason. I really walked away from lunch today with a strong sense of closure of this chapter. I really feel that some one, some thing that has held me back romantically for years has finally been laid to rest and now I can whole heartedly move on into something else.

I really feel good and I feel that there are some good things coming on the horizon. Tech and I have been having regular conversations and for some reason the more we talk the more I begin to think that he is an ideal person for me. I honestly cannot wait for him to come back home so we can spend time with each other to see how things go and to kind of see where they are going if any where at all. None the less I am happy, highly blessed, thankful and ecstatic all in one.


Signed,

1 comment:

  1. WHEWWWWW What a roller coaster!!!! True closure & forgiveness is so important! B/c as you see it only holds you back not the other way around! I worked ont hat for a longgg time and in my new relationship (feels good to say that) I can tell the difference! I am kinder and more patient and more trusting and I know that's because I have let go of the past and I am really ready to embrance the future! yes girlie good things are on the horizon indeed!!

    ReplyDelete