Monday, July 19, 2010

Did I Say Something Wrong?

When the monotony of things wear off then you must deal with the reality of the situation at hand. Prodigal and I were supposed to have gone to lunch on Friday to see each other and catch up etc; well I tried calling him the night before to firm up our plans for Friday afternoon and got no answer. I figured if he did not call me back by the time I laid my head on my pillow that night then it was a wrap for me, see you on the flip homie. So Friday came and I got no phone call, no email nor text from him. Was I hurt by it it?? Nahhhh, not at all. So my co workers and I ended up taking my intern out for lunch Friday after noon and had a blast. At 4PM Prodigal sent me a text telling me that his phone was about to die and he was on his way into the city and he did not forget about our lunch date.

Ummmm at 4PM I would prefer for you to just say that you forgot opposed to you treating it as an after thought. The sun does not rise and set on his ass; I have a job, children and I am prepping for a move next month therefore my time is rather limited. None the less I did not respond to his text message because I felt there was nothing for me to say to that.So later on that night he sends me another text asking me what I was doing and I waited until I finished what I was doing before I responded. Our text messages lead to a phone conversation that did not go so well.


I told him the truth about how I felt and that I did not see him in the manner that he saw me and that to me he was more of a good friend than a former lover or a potential flame that can be rekindled. Apparently this confession of mine "ruined" his whole trip. *rolls eyes* So the following night it was clear that he was upset with me though he expressed he was more hurt than upset and we proceeded to argue because we see thing differently and apparently my indifference to it all has offended him. My question is what makes you think you can put a person though a whole bunch of hurt and pain then move half way across the country and not expect for them to be over it at some point?? Dude get over yourself.


So as always he wants to move back here but it seems the basis on that happening is if I want to be with him or not. Gawd no take your tale back to the other side of the country. Be mad at me, stay not speaking to me because frankly my dear I don't give a damn. I EARNED the right to feel the way I feel, so go kick rocks.


Signed,

1 comment: