Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Taking A Break...

I have such and enormous amount of work that needs to be done that my office looks like a file room troll came in here and threw files all over the place. The piles of files are beginning to trigger my anxiety and I need to get a good bulk of it out of the way by the end of today. Anyway the task of clearing the isht out has made me rather over whelmed and I decided to take a little break and blog, hence the title. Or, it could be prophetic of my blogging forecast for the 09 as Monday is the beginning of a new quarter for school. I am currently down to my last 5 classes and I am so excited about finally finishing a degree that I have been working on completing for a little over a decade. I am so excited that the fact of my having to take statistics (for the fifth time) next quarter is not even a concern for me, however I am in the process of searching for a tutor. So if any one knows of any math addicts please point me in their direction???

Anyway...

In conversation a few days ago my "friend" I will call him Choc (with his chocolate self) basically came out and said, " Lady, I need you!" I know that some times people tell others what they think they want to hear and people who really don't quickly figure out that I am not like every one else just end up putting me in safe mode when they come at me with stuff like that. Bottomline, don't tell me what you think i want to hear tell me the truth and let me make my choices from there.

Anyway no I did not probe into his feeling of need and why he needs me because if there is sincerity in the sentiment then I don't want to lessen it as I would not want any one to do that to me and I also know that it is often times hard for men to express their emotions in such a tender way. But it makes me wonder, do you NEED your partner want your partner or is it a combination of both?

I know that because of past experiences and the large shield of pride I carry with me I try my hardest not ask for nor depend on or need any one for anything, and for some one to come to me clearly stating they need me is like a red flag of sorts. Lawd, I suppose I have grown to become so cynical at such a young and tender age. LOL! I suppose time will reveal all.

No comments:

Post a Comment