Sunday, January 11, 2009

You Went To Baltimore To...

"Have biiiiiig fun with The Wretched!" I remember this episode of the Cosby show when Vanessa got busted, lying about spending the night at a friend's house instead she went to Baltimore to see a rock concert. I remember being shocked at the sight of Clair loosing her cool and jumping into Vanessa's face sternly telling her to go to bed, insinuating some thing physical may pop off if she did not move fast. I mean, just wow, calm cool and collected Clair Huxtable loose her cool like that?? Well, today I understood the motivation behind that.

I swear this has been a week of children gone crazy. First Lil Bit had an incident at school where she told a little girl she was going to, "beat her ass" not once but twice then got her butt sent up to the front to sit with the owner for refusing to share and starting to fight the child she was told to share with. Ahhhhh yeah, I tore that butt up when I got home and her teacher said she was such an angel the next day, she had to check to make sure she was still in the class room.


Just as I thought I was home free I got a bomb dropped on me when I went and picked up the boys. Apparently last week when I was in the Walmart with them shopping they took it upon themselves to steal a book and some Pokemon trading cards so they can have something to trade at school. They told their Dad they got the cards from a kid from school but when they were asked again by their step mother they told the truth and said they stole it from the store.

As I stood there my feet became rooted into the floor and it was a good thing because I was about to rush them, for real. Though they are entirely tooo old for a beating I was so angry I wanted to charge their asses and really lay one on them. At this moment I understood the disappointment and anger that a child's misdeeds can bring about in a parent to make them charge at them; at that moment I understood how even toned Clair Huxtable could charge at Vanessa.

Anyway... this has been a consistent problem with them, it seems as though there is an instance of theft on their part once out of the year, as this is an issue we have to revisit every year. Well, this time they are going to go through the process and experience what it is like to get caught stealing.

Their Dad called the store manager to make arrangements for them to bring their letters of apologies to Walmart and to go to security so they can get the"treatment" and feel the full experience, this will be in conjunction with having to volunteer at the store in efforts to pay for what they stole. The two of them will never see TV or a game in their life at this point and as a parent... I am still angry and highly disappointed. I no longer trust them to make good choices in terms of right and wrong. At this point I hope and pray they really learn a lesson this time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYpVzc3qunE



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oI7x-lA5Qnk

No comments:

Post a Comment