Friday, January 16, 2009

What Is It About The Cold...

that people love soooo much. I hate the winter months, I hate the cold and I hate the dry air.

Yesterday I was in my office preparing to leave for home. I was going through my routine; put my sweater coat on, wrap my scarf around me, put on my coat and my gloves. As I was wrapping my scarf around me my co worker breezes through talking about how I was bundling up and why is every one wrapping up like they are going to fight a cold monster???! Ummm cause dude the cold it a monster. Anyway, he was floating around the office talking about how he loves the cold and he is awaiting for when it gets colder. Oh really? At this moment I wanted to go beyond GFY and go to SYAD and STFU.

He is the tenth person I have encountered that just raves about the winter months in the DC area and how the cold, crisp air is wonderful. I am anemic, I stay cold all the time I don't want to hear that shit. My children are the only reason why I continue to live in this area and I am beginning to count down the years to when they all go off to college and then will come my opportunity to move to a place the provides a warmer climate because this cold weather shit is for the damn birds.

3 comments:

  1. Without the snow, the cold weather sucks big donkey balls

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right, I really don't mind snow...it is actually kind of pretty looking at it from a warm room with a hot cup of something in hand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you. After Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years I'm done with the cold weather. Today (and the next few days) are just crazy. San Diego is calling my name...

    ReplyDelete