Saturday, January 10, 2009

What Would You Do? Are You Willing To Take The Risk?

This question is courtesy of my baby cousin...

If guaranteed love was at the bottom of a pot of boiling water, would you reach in and get it? No, you cannot put on gloves or use tongs etc; you would actually have to go through the pain to get to that love. Would you be willing to go through the pain? Or would you let it pass you by possibly forever wondering what if? Or never experiencing love?

I have gotten some interesting answers thus far and wanted to know what the rest of the free world thought. My cousin felt that she would go crazy staring at love at the bottom of the pot that she would have no other choice but to reach in and get it...lol... so young, fresh and tender she is. Choc and I both agreed that it depended on who's love it is we would both be reaching for. Quite honestly we both feel you just don't want any one's love and not every one is worth going through certain "pains" just to obtain their love whether it is guaranteed or not. I guess experience changes your outlook on love and life in general.

Pondering on this question made me realize, who's love I would want and not want. I actually thought about love from certain folks at the bottom of that pot and let's just say when I thought about throwing the water down the drain in anticipation of the love going with it and turning on the garbage disposal to rid myself of it that was very revealing of what I felt for some people... or I could have cooked on it... used it as seasoning for a stew. See? That just lets me know I made the right choice in making sure certain situations don't go any further than where they are now.

Anyway... there was only one person that I would take that risk for therefore it is time for me to knock down the brick walls I have spent years building and let this person in. *Sigh* this is going to be such a challenge but with each passing day I feel more and more certain that he is worth it.

I know this may be a little deep but shit I am a thinker so I can't help but ponder, ponder a little more, discuss, hear others and ponder. Rani sorry if my philosophical conversation having ass gives you a headache but ya gotta love me! LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment