Friday, October 17, 2008

Cocktail Conversation... High Fidelity or Infidelity?


Maybe I am an idealist who sets unrealistic expectations for who ever is to be my partner; but I expect any man that is going to be in a relationship with me to be faithful.

As I talk to more and more people about the subject of infidelity and being faithful it seems as though the belief that monogamy is unnatural and unrealistic with in relationships is becoming a very popular one.

Yeah, I get the fact that we as humans are animals and we still posses a basic and primal need for certain things but we do have the choice to do or not to do. I really don't know... I sit and listen to the rationale behind it and I am not going to say that I don't understand it because I can see it from their point of view; I suppose I am focusing more of the emotional hurt that it can cause than anything.

Anyway, I am going to throw a few questions on the floor...

Should people not set a standard or expectation for their partner to be faithful to them? Should infidelity be one of those things that happen? If your home life was good and your partner is taking care of home would you want to know or care if your partner is stepping out?? Could you see yourself going back to and being with some one who has clearly cheated on you?


2 comments:

  1. My thoughts...

    Yes, people should definitely set a standard for their partner to remain faithful. I mean if not... what is the point?

    Infidelity should NOT happen.

    If home life is good your partner should not be stepping out and yes, you should know about it if it happens.

    Forgiving cheating... tough question. People will have different answers but imho, if I was taking care business and they STILL step out I couldn't forgive it. Trust is out the window at that point and without trust... chaos and confusion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you. I asked a friend of my over the weekend and he said the same thing. It is interesting how people have a different out look on it.

    A this point in my life I can forgive but I won't stay nor will I forget; because it may lead to chaos, confusion and assult charges in the future. LOL!

    ReplyDelete