Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I's A Punk!

Years ago I went to the dentist and was told that my wisdom teeth would have to come out because it was clear by the X-Rays they were impacted. I felt fine did not pay any attention to it so I thought I had time to get it done and put it off for many, many years. Due to time, space, babies, lack of insurance, money all that good stuff I never went back to have them removed.

Over the years my teeth would bother me off and on but it was nothing some Ibuprofen could not handle, until now. I was sick with a sinus cold last month and my teeth were hurting like they ain't (yeah I said ain't) never hurt before. I thought I was in the clear once I got over my little sinus cold but I was not. Here I am three weeks later in serious pain. I have tried to get up the nerve to at least make an attempt to seek out a dental care professional, however the punk in me would not allow for it.

See I don't like needles, sharp objects and or having things cut on or yanked out of my body. I just can't do it at alll. I can't imagine it and I have a low tolerance for pain... seriously I do. In the end my co worker told me (more like commanded) that I had to do something about it because I could not stay in pain so he referred me to his dentist and managed to get an appointment for next week. He offered to hold my hand...lol... he is sooo silly but still I am scared. :(

The nurse explain that I would have to come in so they can see how bad it was and then refer me to the oral surgeon.... ummm surgeon = surgery again, I'm scared. :(

I have to take my daughter to the dentist tomorrow for her first dental appointment and I have been trying to talk to her about it. I have been trying to explain to this child that I have to hold down just to brush her teeth that it is not going to hurt, when I am terrified of the dentist myself. Maybe she is picking up on my feelings about the dentist which is fueling her insistence on not going.

3 comments:

  1. smoke some trees son, you'll be fine...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Lady... I hit my first dental appointment in a long time yesterday. I went in for a cleaning but I was still petrified. It wasn't that bad but it was just a cleaning.

    Next up - a few cavities (drilling) and she wants to take out two wisdom teeth. Whether I show up or not for that is anyone's guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rashad you are funny man but I can't do that. What else you got? LOL!

    Jazzbrew, you must be a long lost older brother you and I seem to have so much in common. I will probably have some cavities as well but I am in pain and have no choice but to go back. :(

    My daughter did so well at her dental appointment today. She skipped to the back, hopped in the chair and had a good ole time getting her teeth cleaned and checked. She laughed and giggled the whole time.

    Talk about a moment where I felt stupid for being reluctant to go and my 3 year old is sitting nicely during her visit living it up.

    ReplyDelete