Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Things Not To Say...

Yesterday I went to go look at an apartment that I consider to be in the perfect loaction. When I got there we went through the usual Q & A she asked me for my ID so she could show me the model unit. She showed me all the things I was not interested in, like the laundry room. No maam, no, no, no mamm. When will you be putting the washer and dryers in the rest of the units? Don't do laundry rooms. Plus, I am going to be paying a mortgage in rent, with a "shared utility fee" on top of rent, I have to pay electric as well and you mean to tell me you are going to charge me to use the washer and dryer??? LOL! Nope, nope I will require a in unit W/D mmmmkay?! Thanks!

So as we walk up stairs she takes me outside to show me the security entrance, which is a plus. Damn where was security entrance feature 6 years ago? Anyway, I told her that was a plus for me because I have this pet peeve about people just dropping by my house unannounced. She then told me that it is good but it is a pain when people get the wrong apartment number, apparently she lives in the complex herself. So she was telling me that one of her neighbors has men going in and out of her apartment all day and night like she is running a business out of there, then she said she was going to go and ask her what was she doing for her to have so many men strolling in and out of her apartment.

Now, if you are trying to get me to rent from you then you need not tell me tales of or allude to ho strolling that is going on with in the complex. I have children and I particulary don't want to be around that, especially since I am not getting the business myself (that's a whoooole nother blog). I mean there are just somethings you keep under wraps when you trying to sell something to someone.

I like the place over all and the thing that would bring me back is the in unit washer/dryer, renovated bathrooms (I am particular about my bathrooms) and the security entrance. But the ho strolling stays in the back of my mind. I am still looking though. This has to be a well informed and thought out decision for me and I have to consider all the lil hidden fees apartments are trying to charge now (that's how I got got the last time).

Back to looking for a place to call my home.

3 comments:

  1. Oh come on man, every neighborhood has at least one ho. I should know, I used to prey on them

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am aware that there is Community Booty in every neighborhood but when trying to get me to move in that should not be highlighted any where in your sales pitch. LOL!

    You used to prey on them? LMAO! Rashad you are a trip!

    ReplyDelete