Sunday, August 23, 2009

Back To Reality...

So per the previous blog entry I flew for the first time and it was a very good experience; loved it.

Anyway...

I had a great time in Atlanta and over all the city is beautiful. We went to the see the America I Am exhibit and walked around Atlantic Station. The weather was perfect that day...we also decided to stop and have a lil fun... I went and had a tarot card reading done.

The exhibit was nice though I was mad that we had to wait an hour and a half just to get in and when we did get into see it we could not see all of the artifacts because people had crowded around the different exhibits that were there and at one point we even had to stand in a group like a herd of cattle just to get into another room for the slavery exhibit. Needless to say we were not able to take everything in or were really able to appreciate what we were seeing because of the damn crowd. We were not able to take pictures either and lord knows I wanted to snap some pics of Prince's purple guitar. My girlfriend was about to get us kicked out for attempting to take a picture of the AKA sweater that was there on display. Then my other girlfriends' were fumbling to try and take pics of Mavis Staple's dress... yeah we were wrong in our intent but we did right in the end. LOL!

We went to Atlantic Station, ate, walked around and I got a tarot card reading before we left. I did the tarot card reading for entertainment purposes only. What I thought would be tomfoolery and fishing for infor to tell me what I wanted to hear turned out to be much more...I was in a daze when she was finished with me. She told me so much about the people around me and she had shed some light on things to come and brought about clarity with other situations...interesting to say the least... very interesting.

Now one thing I experienced my first night was hateration from another female. I know it happens here in the area but it does not happen very often to me. Every woman I have encounter has always had something positive to say to me in my face...anyway...moving on...

My girlfriend's cousin came to the hotel club with us and her cousin brought her friend. We will call this said friend Mable. So we go up stairs to the club where I proceed to pay $11 for a glass of wine *roll eyes*. So we go and sit down at a table and chill. Well, this man comes and sits down next to Mable, while I was in my own drunken world (be mindful that I had been drinking wayyyyyy before I hit the club mmmkay?) so I was dancing in my seat, chillin. I so happened to take notice that Mable and dude were talking and he was doing a lot of pointing. I was not paying attention to him at first because he had a wedding ring on and I shut down upon seeing rings on fingers.
Well, Mable started telling me something and I could not make out what she was saying because the music was loud...boo we in a club. What? Uhn? Can't hear you!!! So I told her to switch seats.

I asked him what could I do for him this evening?? Now, I was irritated by the fact that he was sitting there evidently talking to some one I don't know about me and my friend and had yet to introduce himself to everyone at the table. Just rude! So he asked me my name, I gave it to him, he gave me his, shook his hand and he was taken a back by my firm hand shake. I used to do accounting for a home builder on the construction side, thus all interactions were with men therefore I had to not come off soft with them and it stuck. Moving on... so he points to ole Mable and says, "Your friend over there says that you think you are cute." and I said, "Well, I am for damn sure an not ugly. Yes, I do have a good sense of self."

It went down hill from there as he began to question me about how long it takes for me to get ready, then lecture me about being vain amd how 10 mins is entirely to much time to get ready (if his wife divorced his ass I would understand whole heartedly). I was on the verge of asking him how long does it take his wife to get ready?? Plus I was about to let him know if he liked interesting looking females then fine, do him but don't come at me because he assumes I spend hours getting ready and because I feel as though I am on the other spectrum of interesting looking. For the record I don't spend hours because being a mother of three I don't have hours to get ready, I have minutes. If I look that nice after only spending minutes I can just imagine how it would be if I spent hours. But ummm yeah I ended that conversation quickly and gave ole girl the sharp eye. I did not want to get uncivilized in a state foreign to me, especially a state who's laws I am unfamiliar with... to think of it I would have let it go, I am more mellow now than I was 12 years ago.

Ok, I do have one more story that involves the cops...lol(No, the cops were not called on me or any one in my crew but the whole thing was fuuuuny)but I am tired and have to go to work in the AM so I am shutting it down here.

But before I depart I can say that this trip had done a lot for me. I came back with clarity about my life, where I want to go, and the things I want to do. I guess you can say I was inspired by being around such wonderful women all weekend. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment