Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Pulled In Different Directions...

As my time off from work draws near it seems as all hell has broken loose. Hiring managers are going crazy, recruiters are piling on the last minute work, I am trying to push everything through and my office looks like a file room exploded in it. So in the midst of my day yesterday my daughter's school calls because she was acting unlike herself with a fever to boot. I ended up leaving work early to take her to the doctor. Thinking it was something simple she could get treated for, imagine my surprise when the doctor said she had pneumonia and there will be no school for her today or tomorrow (Thank God I can work from home). I was also supposed to run a Z-Hope program for my sorority on Thursday and since my daycare fell through I can't. So last night I spent the time to purchase the additional items they needed for the program and ended up having to chuck it up to BMore to drop it all off, only to end up driving back in ice rain. When I got in last night I ended up laying it down for min.

Anyway...

I have a few things on my mind first of which, I can't stand Amazon.com right now. I get this wonderful email informing me that I have until today to take advantage of super saver shipping for free and my presents will be delivered before Christmas. I get to the website place an order and find out the reality of the situation, Super saver shipping takes 5-9 business days in transit and it could take up to 3 business days for the item to actually ship out of the warehouse; the only alternative that leaves is to upgrade shipping. Well, an upgrade puts me at a shipping cost of $42. Talk about a serious bait and switch. I mean damn do you know how many more toys and presents I can purchase with $42 that I would be wasting on shipping and handling? Some times these companies just abuse a situation, especially if it is a desperate one. What parent is not going to pay all that extra money to ensure their kids have their presents under the tree for Christmas? This is one parent that is still on the fence and may have to fight the crazy Christmas crowd to save some money.

Another pondering...

Over the last year I have received these alerts for some site called Tagged. The finally alert from an old co worker moved me to actually create a page, I figured that once I created a page I would stop getting those annoying invites. No mas. I then started to get emails from the site telling me to check my alerts, as I went in it had my profile picture. Where the sam hell the picture came from is beyond me. So it asked me to upload the pic as my profile picture and I did such thinking now will you all leave me alone??? Nope, to much like right. Since I uploaded the damn pic I have been getting emails of people clicking on my pic stating they are "Interested" WTF? I get them all through the day and night. I have gone into the site to find out where they have this nonsense of me posted and how I can take it down to make it stop.

So as I get stuff from 30 plus year old men named T-Bone, Thug Thug, Bone Thug and Straight Thug posing like they are about to rough some one up I feel myself getting irritated by it all. I have tried to figure out how to delete the account and I can't seem to find it. This is like forced membership, like MySpace in purgatory.

1 comment:

  1. I must admit, some of those T-Bone and Thug Thug aliases are mine. I keeps it gully ma.

    ReplyDelete