Thursday, December 4, 2008

Therapy Session

Tonight was my first of what will be many therapy sessions. I must say that I did feel a whole lot better after discussing the things that I discussed with her. It felt good to finally say a few things out loud and get them off of my chest. It was also good to pin point where the anger stemmed from and what causes me to have angry out bursts at times.

We set some pretty good goals, one being for me to start trying to mend things with my Mom. She felt it was to ambitious of her to set the goal of my mother and I being "close" and I agreed with her whole heartedly. I am not sure if it is possible to be "close" to some one who has physically, emotionally and verbally abused you for most of your life. Is it? Who knows? For now I told her I will commit to calling her once a month and we can see what happens from there as time progresses.


Aside from it being a good session I was beginning to feel a little self conscious. I noticed that when I was sitting there talking she was just writing away and my curious behind was wondering what the hell she was writing?? Was she writing something that would be significant to my healing process? When will she reveal this wonderful solution to all my problems? Was she drawing? Doodling? Or, was she writing, "this chic is straight crazy and extremely angry. Is potentially dangerous." ??



1 comment: