Tuesday, December 2, 2008

To Much Time On My Hands... What To Do?

Yesterday I received an email from the president of my fine company informing employees that we were to take a mandatory two week vacation at the end of the month in order to save money. :-I

Some extra notice would have been nice but by all means I am not mad at this at all. I mean I could use a mental break but that is entirely to much time. I am also glad they are doing this in lieu of lay offs and at the end of the vacation I still have a job to go back to. BUT, what am I to do with two weeks of no work???

What would you do if you had two paid weeks off? I need not allow for this idle mind to become the Devil's workshop.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure you'll think of something and you'll enjoy it. I find that when I take an extended break from work my overall attitude is much better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I am going to take the time to spend time with some friends that I have not been able to hook up with for the last year and I may go out of town for a few day. Been promising my friend I would come visit him in VA Beach for 3 years and have yet to even ride past his exit.

    ReplyDelete