Saturday, May 30, 2009

Not A Twang, Not A Ping, Just A Prayer...

I must say that I had a wonderful day today. I went to the Cheesecake Factory for lunch with my children as to continue the celebration of my birthday. We decided to take our Cheesecake to go and hit my favorite place on Earth, the botanical gardens. Why is it my favorite place? Because it is the most peaceful place. It could be packed with walkers and lovers and still be the most quiet, peaceful place on Earth to me. Additionally, the gardens is a very versatile place that can be useful for any occasion; weddings, exercising, photography, weddings, quiet time, romantic strolls and/or picnics you name it you can do it there...lol.

Anyway...

When the children and I got to the park it was some what packed there were people walking around, playing with their children and the ducks. There also seemed to be a wedding taking place. I could hear the music from the ceremony site and my children snuck over to get a glimpse of the event and they came back raving about how, "beautiful the set up was". I also noticed a few couples taking engagement pics. Now, usually when I have been in my no man, no relationship state I have had an issue with being around other people's love and being the lone one in the midst of all those couple...actually I would feel rather uncomfortable. Today I felt no such feelings. The only feeling I felt was happiness and excitement at witnessing and being surrounded by love. It is something about seeing love in your face that let's you know it does exist.

I was so excited that I said a small little prayer. I asked God to allow for their love to grow stronger with each day and for their commitment and love to one another be the shield of protection during the hard times. I prayed that their relationships would last for decades to come. Corny? Maybe a little but I could not help but put some good vibes out there for them. I mean dang have you seen the divorce rate? Have you heard some one spout off reasons for marrying and all those reasons be dead wrong? Therefore I am sure they can use all the prayers they could get.


On a side note, I spoke to ABB (Anita Baker Bandit) this morning and we had a weird conversation. In a nut shell I suppose he was trying to see where my head was at as far as us, because he was ready for a relationship now (as opposed to last year) and he wanted to know if I saw a relationship destination for him and I as a possibility or if I was open to it....mmmmm...mmmmm....mmmm... like I said in my previous post, I am just trying to get to know these gentlemen a whole lot better, getting to know who they REALLY are, what they REALLY think about different things, finding out what their real EXPECTATIONS and INTENTIONS are with no real destination in sight in the end at this point.

Considering that most people know (especially him) me to be honest and straight forward about my intentions and what I want why would that need to be something we would have to clarify?? Maybe it was something he read in this here blog (Yeah he reads from time to time and I feel quite comfortable with that.)??? I don't know but I am chilly chill right now. I am not in a rush nor in a real hurry just trying to get my stuff in order, enjoy my life and the special friends, family and sorors that are in it to the fullest.

No comments:

Post a Comment