Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Hoping It Stays Like This...

For the last few weeks my daughter has been asking for her Daddy. I figured she started asking because she sees the other kids at school with their Dads and I am quite sure they talk about them, so I figured she would eventually stop. Well, she did not stop asking so I reached out to her Dad, he called and talked to him. The way her face lit up when she heard his voice warmed my heart and almost brought tears to my eyes because I was happy to see he was being responsive to her.

Still, that was one conversation after almost a year of him and I not speaking therefore him not speaking to or seeing her. I reached out to him this Sunday so she could talk to him. She was happy but very busy getting into all kinds of mess so she was not much in the mood for conversation then he told her to put me back on the phone. We talked for about an hour and to my surprise we were actually civil with one another. No fighting, no cussing, no fussing or arguing. I learned that I had changed in many ways because there were quite a few things he had said that made me bite my tongue and move on to something else; I have learned to choose my battles wisely.

I am hoping and praying he and I can continue to stay civil with one another. I know he is some one that does not bring out the best parts of me and I have learned to control my anger, emotions etc; when it comes to dealing with him. Though all seems like we are getting along well I am still going to keep an eye out for a few things as we always start off like this then things go from sugar to isht. Ok, I am going to try to stay optimistic about it all. Hopefully the care that we both have for Lil Bit and for one another will hold it all together.

But... one thing I don't think I will ever understand is how some one can hurt you to your core but will be ready to beat the hell out of someone that even slightly thinks in their mind of doing you harm???

No comments:

Post a Comment