Sunday, November 9, 2008

I Got Checked....

To kick off the birthday events I took the kids out to eat at the Olive Garden (I love Olive Garden) as I sat down I began to feel as though I wanted a glass of wine with my entree, so I asked the waitress for a glass of White Zinfandel. As I took a sip from the glass my son asked me if it was "real wine" I told him yes and then here came the lecture on drinking.

He felt as though just because I drank a glass of wine that I was going to become an alcoholic... apparently this is what they taught them in school and Lord knows what their father has told them. So, I for the sake of enlightening I asked him to explain to me what they told him in school. I got this, " my teacher said that you cuss, fight, hurt people's feelings and then you get in a car, crash and die."

So I spent all of dinner trying to undo what the teacher did and explained to him that alcohol is ok in moderation and then when I caught myself breaking down to him the difference in wine and liquor I just figured I would stop; I was giving him to much information.

Overall it has been quite an exhausting weekend and next weekend if my child free weekend so I shall find something to do with myself and relax.

2 comments: