Thursday, November 20, 2008

Turn The Lights On!

So, I have been operating only on soft light flowing from my Ikea lamp that I bought months ago as to avoid the bright lights in my office; they were making my left eye twitching worse. Since JazzBrew, thanks man, provided me with a link on SAD I figured I would try turning the lights on.

I have two sets of lights in my office. Not quite sure if it is natural light or florescent lighting but what ever it it, it is for damn sure bright and I have my lamp on as well. I have been sitting here with all the lights on for the last two hours and I don't necessarily feel the level of sadness that I was feeling before. I still don't feel like eating anything and I still don't feel like talking to or having contact with people at this time. Maybe that will change the more I sit in the light.

I swear I turned those lights on and it felt light a surge went through my eyes. I almost fell out in my office (wouldn't that have been funny?) those damn lights were so bright. I am a little more productive then I have been the last week or two, I suppose that is a good thing.

It is all beginning to make sense and I understand why I had it bad last year as I was literally sitting in the dark at my old job, on top of the stress and pressure I was enduring... yeah I was a woman on the edge.

Anyway...

I am trying to figure out what to do. My daughter does not like lotion. She does not like to use it, she does not even like to see the lotion bottle coming her way. I have tried everything to get her to put on lotion and she screams, fights and cries. Mind you she has been standing firm in protest since she heard my girlfriend say light skin people don't need lotion. Y'ALL get ASHY too! LOL!

At this point it is cold, the air is dry and she looks like a chicken that has been lightly coated in flour. I was thinking about taking her to Bath & Body Works and allowing her to pick out a lotion and a spray for herself (they have stuff for kids) and seeing if she would be more apt to use it since she went and picked it out herself. But my only hesitation is that the girl is all of 3 and I don't want to start doing things that are not age appropriate for her. Plus B&BW gets rather pricey.

I would take her to Walmart and be like here is the lotion section we are going to get this and you are going to use it. But the other part is afraid that if I take that stance she will be so turned off by lotion she may spend the rest of her life walking around looking like she was coated in flour.

3 comments:

  1. Regarding - "...I still don't feel like talking to or having contact with people at this time."

    Weren't you sort of anti-social before all this any way? LOL. I joke but you KNOW I'm in the exact same boat.

    And regarding your precious daughter - do what you need to do but do not send that child out ashy!!! LOL @ chicken lightly coated in flour.

    I would put a smiley face at the end of this message but Rashad would probably make me turn in my man card. Just know that I say all this in good humor and fun...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My brother used to not like lotion when he was younger. then my dad put his ashy ass at the bottom of our driveway for like 20 minutes for everyone to see. Now my brother loves lotion like a fat girl loves cake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have tried to come in here and comment but every time I do I fond myself laughing uncontrollably at the both of you.

    Jazzbrew, you are right I am some what anti social however there are a few people that I do enjoy talking to, but I don't want to talk to them or any one else right now. :(

    I got the jokes and they are still making me laugh. I am a female you can put smilies all up and through this here blog. :)

    Rashad, are you not your brother's keeper? Did you not speak to the importance of lotion? I bet you laughed at him while he was standing at the ne dof the drive way looking like ashy Larry. LOL!

    ReplyDelete