Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Just DAMN! DAMN, DAMN, DAMN! &*()) &*()*_)

I just got back in from my consult with the oral surgeon... DAMN!

Ok, my peculiar ass has 5 wisdom teeth not 4 so he has decided to remove the fifth one and leave the one that it came in beside alone, the impacted one has to come out because I have a cavity right where it's resting on the tooth next to it and the one up top needs to come out as well, then the one that is bothering me has to come out.

Considering I am 31, those jokers are in unusually tight spots sooooooo that means, a 10 day recovery, one week off from work along with two weeks of swelling pain killers, antibiotics, mouth wash and a "soft diet".

I swear as I was driving home I just had to sit and wonder can't anything in my life I mean ANYTHING be easy? A fifth tooth? Like my girlfriend said, "Only you."

On top of that I am not going to get put all the way out. Light sedation with local anesthesia. That is as unaware as they will allow for me to be.

I was a little uneasy when they showed me the "brief video" on wisdom teeth... ok my ass was SCARED. I was sitting there holding my mouth and rocking back and forth as the video played along all the while eyeing the door while making plans to make a break for it when the nurse came back in.

She came in and asked if I was scare and I said, "YES!" Then she told me no worries I will be ok and left me to wait for the doctor. The only thing that calmed my nerves was Taylor Dane's "I'll Always Love You" playing through the speakers. It took me back to some happy times in my life, then the doctor rolled in dropped the truth on me and now I am PETRIFIED.

Ok... now that I have gotten all that out of my system I am slightly ok. My level of fright has been reduced from petrified to scared.

3 comments:

  1. I go in on Monday to get some cavities filled... I am sort of scared but not petrified. When is the big day for you? Be strong and think of the peace of mind you'll have once it's over and done with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jazzbrew. Good luck with your appointment, let me know how it turned out... I have to get a cavaty filled after the surgery. :(

    I got the day after Christmas to get it done. The more time I have to prepare for it the less scared I become.

    ReplyDelete
  3. After having your surgery a cleaning will be nothing to you. I'm actually not too worried about it but I will post on it after wards.

    If it were me having the surgery - the wait would drive me nuts. I'd try to schedule that bad boy as soon as possible. Dwelling on it would just drive me nuts.

    You'll be fine though - I'm sure of it.

    ReplyDelete