Monday, November 24, 2008

Splitting Hairs...

It all started off as a simple after church visit to my Granny's house yesterday, she inquired about my Dad and how he was doing. I told her the usual, he's ok but looks tired then I was blind sided by her next question, "You know they found a spot on his lung?"

Ok in my head I was like WTF?! When he told me that all his tests came back fine I KNEW there was something funny about the conversation because he called me right back after we had just gotten off the phone with some randomness then rambled off about his test results and scurried off the phone.


So, the look of a lost little girl came upon my face, my Granny keeps on talking escalating the situation and my Grandfather is in the kitchen with the phone in hand hollering for my Dad's phone number because he wants to talk to him and find out what is going on. I'm trying not to get upset because he failed to tell me this. I mentioned all of this to my girlfriend who was like just ask him. Well, that could happen if he would stop ducking me. Dad, stop ducking me man!

This evening he and my sister came into my room to see Lil Bit and I immediately dropped everything I was doing and asked about this "spot" they found on his lung. My sister was shocked as she did not know of this either and we got at him. Though it is just a nodule on his lung he was like, "I said no cancer". Ok yeah we give you that but you could have at least told us they found something that needs to be watched. I mean dang, I never knew there would come a point where the child has to get after the parent.

I have always said that if I were to find out I had a terminal illness I would only tell three people, my Dad, my girlfriend and my ex husband; after this I am beginning to rethink that stance because it is not a good feeling to get blind sided by stuff like that. Yet and still as I always say give my flowers now while I am here not after I go home to be with the Lord.

Very thankful to God I am for him being healthy but I am tired, with running after kids and parents that is just too much, just too much I am going to go relax my nerves.

No comments:

Post a Comment