Thursday, September 4, 2008

Down In The Valley...

A "valley moment" is something my twin and soror define as an indefinite period of time where you take a step back, reflect on life, work on one self and accomplish somethings in order to emerge a better, wiser and stronger person.

Taking one self to the place down in the valley is not an easy thing to do as it often times requires for one to be still for God knows how long and to completely focus on the basic but most important things in life. Often times one will endure tests and storms during the valley experience; more times than one would like some folks will try to coax one out of their valley experience for a cussing out or something along the lines of catching a case. In away I suppose that is how you know your are getting to the end of valley moment. You are almost done with the mending of the hurt, pain or have conquered what ever took you down in the valley in the first place.

Sometimes I have a tendency to be so hermit like that I just drop off the scene; sometimes I do it on purpose (if I don't want to be found then I will make it so I won't be found), other times by sheer circumstance that comes with focusing on other things.

I can safely say that I am way, way, way down deep in the valley. I have diverted my energies and focus on to so much stuff that I did not realize that I have lost touch with some people that I other wise would stay in touch with. Not that I am worried about it in the slightest, but I find it funny that all the things I have hated to do, have struggled to do concerning focusing my time and energy are kind of beginning to come easy for me. For once I am beginning to enjoy and gain an appreciation for the valley experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment