Friday, September 12, 2008

It's Friday?

Yeah, I know it's Friday but it does not feel like it is Friday to me. Despite little things here and there this week has been a really wonderful week; I suppose that is why I don't have that over whelming TGIF feeling.

I notice a few thing about me as I begin to get older. I am not phased by a lot of things and my approach to certain situations are not what they would used to be. Well, except this morning when my daughter acted a straight donkey.

I bought her new shoes last night, three pair to be exact; two to wear outside of school and one to wear specifically to school. All three were cute and she basically picked them out herself, well except for the pair she is to solely wear to school. I am tired of paying for shoes only for her to get out on the play ground and tear them up. So the brown shoes are really cute but they are sturdy.

She was already in a pissy mood this morning and would have delightfully went to school straight from waking up if I let her but no dice, wash your ass lil one, let's go. She cried and screamed the whole time I was washing her and brushing her teeth. I got the brush and told her I would whip her butt if she kept acting a fool; she shut up and went on to go get dressed.

Everything was fine she put her clothes on, no problem. Put her new school shoes on. PROBLEM. This chic had a serious melt down. She tried to take the shoes off, started jumping up and down, crying and screaming that she does not want to wear the shoes. My first thought was, you don't want to wear them that is fine you can go to school bare foot for all I care at this point but I know one thing, you are going to stop these damn tantrums.

She was beginning to get to me and I wanted to drag her back into the bathroom and wear her lil behind out but instead I sat down with her yet again and explained that she wears those shoes to school and the others are for when she does not have to go to school. She did not care but she got real quiet as I began fussing at her.

I fussed down the road and I fussed going back home because I forgot (due to fussing) her blanket and sheet because she pissed through them yesterday at school and I fussed at her alll the way to school. Now granted, usually I don't do a lot of fussing at the kids because I don't allow for them to take me there but she got me this morning. She reallly got me.

The most important thing is she and I have an understanding now, today has been a great day despite her acting a fool and I know this evening when I pick her up she will be my old lovable kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment