Friday, September 5, 2008

Moments Like This...

Yesterday I went to pick Lil bit up from school and in conversation her teacher mentioned that she was going to render her officially potty trained and take her out of training status. I was most excited to hear this news as it means a great monthly savings for me with tuition and having to no longer purchase pull ups.

This morning when I dropped her off her teacher handed me her Potty Training certificate making everything official. Though I know it may be a small moment for her, I am still proud of my baby as my boys were not potty trained until they were 3 1/2 well on their way to 4 years of age.

It is moments like these where I truly understand the meaning of "it's his loss", the "his" that I speak of is her father, paternal unit, sperm donor what ever you want to refer him as. All I know is that he made a conscious choice not to play a part in her up bringing. As I look at the person he is I often feel that may be that was the best choice for him to make for her.

Yet, often times I feel sorry for him; he will never know how intelligent she is, he will never know how sweet and loving of a kid she is nor will he ever get to witness all of her miles stones and her over all personal development. Overall that is the greatest reward of being a parent is to watch them grow and develop; to know that all of your advice, wisdom, sacrifice and hard work was not in vain because in some way it is reflective in them.

Now that my baby has conquered this milestone I cannot wait to see what she will do next.

No comments:

Post a Comment