Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Hmmmmm...Fishing For Info??

My ex just called me out of the blue and asked me if there was "a church wedding in my future". My first response to that was to laugh, not because the thought, the idea of my remarrying is ridiculous, that could be far from the truth; it just that marriage is not on my radar right now.

When I asked him what would make him ask such a question, he told me that he had a dream that I got married. As he was telling me about this "dream" I began to wonder if this was his way of finding out my status with out putting himself out there... he is a real forward person... naw he would not do that, or so I thought.

After he finished telling me about this big beautiful wedding I had, he then again asked if there was "a church wedding in my future". Honestly, I have no clue when God has a church wedding in store for me and right now a church wedding is not my focus, which is what I explained to him.

The point of the conversation began to become clear to me when he asked, "you mean to tell me in these 9 months you have not had any suitors?" so I gave him a brief synopsis (very brief, not worth speaking of) of that last relationship that I was in.

So after I finished that 5 min explanation, he started creeping in with how he has been THINKING about me and as he started to tell me how he has been thinking about me, his phone went dead.

Now all I can do is just sit here with a blank stare and vigorously shake those thoughts and the conversation out of my head. I am trying to keep my focus on where it has been the past three months...

Like I said in a previous post they always, always come back.

2 comments:

  1. You gotta stop answering the ex's calls man..bad news. let them communicate via the voicemail

    ReplyDelete
  2. You gotta stop answering the ex's calls man..bad news. let them communicate via the voicemail

    ReplyDelete