Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Price of Comfort

For the last few months my left eye has been twitching and the twitching has gotten considerably worse with in the last two to three weeks. It was not until I turned my office light off as I was trying to shut down my computer to go home yesterday that I realized being in the dark was sooo much better than sitting under those florescent lights.

Considering I was not fortunate enough to be assigned an office with any kind of a window I figured I would have to buy a lamp. My girlfriend recommended Ikea. I went onto the Ikea website and immediately found lamps that would illuminate my office with out putting me into the poor house. I figured I would go on my lunch break today, run into Ikea and come right back to work. NOT!

With this being my first time stepping foot into an Ikea store I was a tad bit overwhelmed by the lay out. I have been in big warehouse type stores but the layout of this Ikea sucked. I felt like I was lost in a damn maze. It was not until I asked the lady if they had a section solely consisting of lamps that I got some significant direction.

She looked at me like I was in sane for even asking where the lamps were located but got a great understanding when I told her I have never been in this store before. <~~~ Heffa

Anyway...

I was on the first floor feeling like I was seriously caught up in the damn Matrix. Then some random customer comes up to me and asked me if I worked there. Hayle naw dude! Don't you see that I am not dresses in Ikea gear?? Do you not see that I am clearly distressed trying to maneuver this maze they call a damn store?

I swear the things we do for comfort... I finally chose a cheap lamp and high tailed it back to work. I had spent enough time trying to find my way around that damn store. I suppose it was worth it though because it is providing me with a comfortable amount of light.

The trip still messed up my game plan. In light of PETA's attempt to force Ben & Jerry's to use human breast milk to make their ice cream opposed to cows milk, I felt it was my duty to stop by the grocery store, stock up on Ben & Jerry's ice cream then turn around and get a chicken sandwich from Chick Fil A.

I have nothing against folks who don't eat meat, wear fur etc; because truth be told, I really don't eat meat much my damn self if at all. I am just feeling as though some things just get taken a little bit to far. There are good ideas, then there are not so good ideas and making ice cream with human breast milk to sell to billions of people around the world is not one of those good ideas.

At this moment they need to STAD and STFU.<~~~ I say with a coke and a smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment