Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Black Folks...

There are a few things that will bring black folks out of the wood works, bar b ques, weddings and funerals. Today my heart broke as I stood and watched my line sister say her last good byes to her mother, who passed away last week after having fought an illness for years. A sad moment yes it was, however you can always count on black folks to act out.

Things started off good. My other line sister and Sorors got to the church really early however we chit chatted in the church parking lot. I got complimented on the weight loss which quickly followed comments about my rather large behind and its impact on the world...black folks. As I always say... don't hate, appreciate.

Anyway...

We get into the church get seated and this lady walks in and trips, I seriously thought she fell but it turned out to be the beginning of an "acting out" next thing I know it was, "Praise Jesus! *tears* *screaming* Jesus!" I tried not to laugh but there is always one in the bunch that will act out... black folks.

Then the Pastor did go on, and on, and on and on. That is not an issue I'm AME so I know about the long winded sermons but could he of taken a REAL breath in between words, sentences? I thought the poor man was on the verge of having an asthma attack. I was hoping he had an inhaler on him, nebulizer, something.

Now... this is the thing that got me... Pastor got up and said, "You all are gonna die! Repeat after me, I am gonna die!" Ummmm Boo Boo no. No maam, no, no, no maam. Not today. Yes, I know one day I will go home but I have already had a near death experience before. When some one says "I should not be here, I should be dead" I understand completely because I know I should be dead and buried; BUT I know that I have not served the purpose that God has placed me on this Earth to fulfil therefore I won't be speaking my demise into existence. MMMMkay?! Good. Thanks.

Lord it has been a rather long day... mental note eat before I go to another funeral.

....black folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment