Tuesday, August 19, 2008

It's Late...

As usual I have plenty on my mind....

I recently asked myself, does sisterhood really exist? Over the last few weeks I got a resounding, YES to that question. It is amazing to see my sorors and my girlfriends come to the aid and support of one another when some one is going through a rough time, transitions, and phases. It is amazing how people that though you may not have a tight relationship with but are bonded with through a sisterhood care enough about you to give you guidance and words of encouragement, help you get things done when you simply can't do them yourself and hold you accountable for your actions :-/. Witnessing the bonds of sisterhood over the last few months reminds me of part of the reason why I joined two organizations and belong to a tight knit message board. I love y'all! :)

Overall the last few weeks have been eye opening weeks... I have a new perspective on things and I may have to start making some serious life changes because I see myself putting entirely too much energy into people and things that are not going to be fruitful to me in any way in the long run.

I also realize that I need to say the things that need to be said for we never know if there will be a tomorrow. The last thing I would want it to part with some one having them feel or think that I don't love them or care for them, then something happens and I will never again have the chance to let them know how I really feel for them. Not something I would want to live with, therefore I will never assume that so and so knows how I feel about them I will just tell them and cut out the guess work.

Another realization...lol... I am a great person. Yep, I sure am. I know that I am an exceptionally good woman as well and I should not have to convince any one of that. If no one can see that in me or appreciate it for what it is then that it is on them, it is their loss and I refuse to channel my energy into trying to convince someone that I am good enough to be (insert what ever here). I already know I am good enough they just need to recognize it, accept it and know because of that I am not going to settle for anything less than what I want/need. :) Even if it means letting go of somethings and people in order for me to get to that point, person, place or thing that can really see, accept and appreciate all of me and I can get what I want/need as well as give what is wanted/needed then those sacrifices I will make.


I recently wrote a blog about life being a spectator sport... it's past time for me to stop being a spectator and get out on the field and play.

No comments:

Post a Comment