Sunday, August 17, 2008

Church Observations...

Lord please forgive me? LOL!

Ok, I admit I have not been to church in a minute (except for 6 PM service a few weeks ago). What can I say? My church makes it kind of easy for some people like me who will find away around any thing; I can tithe online or have tithes deducted automatically from my account bi weekly, I can go view the live web cast online for all three services and Wednesday night bible study... the perfect recipe for me and Deacon Sheets.

So today was my first time attending 10 AM service in more Sundays than I can count. As I was sitting in service I kind of took notice of some things that made me chuckle. Now mind you I am not knocking how folks praise the Lord and show their thanks because with every service you will find me on my knees with tears streaming down my face and at times screaming "Thank you" to the high heavens (my God is GOOD).

However, I took notice of a dude in the front of the church in the midst of praise and worship trying to hype the congregation up like he was a rapper performing a concert for hundreads of people and my immediate thought was, "When did the Holy Ghost need a Hype Man?!" I did not realize the Holy Ghost needed a Hype Man. My next observation is the one dude that just gets into it so much so that he takes off running full speed around the church.

It is almost like I can count it down 3, 2, 1 TAKE OFF and there he goes flying. Now, those of you who know me, know I have an active imagination so I sit and I say a little prayer for this man that there is no one in the congregation that has the mentality that of my friend Rashad who would possibly not only think to stick their foot out in the isle to trip dude up but just might actually do it. No incidents yet, God is good.


Anyway...

I took notice today that God has always spoken a word to me in the midst of what ever I was going through. Usually the message is always the same, yet I get a new message each year. Since the beginning of the months it has always changed...

Beginning of August, God said. "You seasons are changing", last week God said, "Get ready and hold on it is all going to happen real fast and you MUST be ready" and today God said, "Sit back and watch what I am about to do".

.... this is going to be amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment