Monday, August 4, 2008

Lady In The Mid Day

Here it is another Monday and I am so thankful the day is almost over. Not that I was real busy or had a butt load of work to do. I squandered most of my day walking around the office socializing.

I actually wanted to talk to people... I suppose good lovin will put you in that kind of mood. That happy, go luck mood where you walk with a smile, have a lil pep in your step with no worries or cares in the world...yeah, that was me today. Shoot, top all that with no candidate's calling me about their drug test, informing me they "can't pee no mo" and I shall label my day a good day.


Anyway, I sat down with my co worker/friend today and we had a lil "talk", just about life, relationships etc;

It is nice to talk to someone that is going to look at all sides of a situation and give their assessment with out bias. When we tell people the things they want to hear it does not help them in the slightest but it stunts their personal growth. Having people around me that tell it to me straight is something that I have always been thankful for. I have progressed a lot with in the last 4 years and being surrounded by people like that has played a large role in the progress I have made.

Through out our conversation I learned some thing about myself and he told me that there was something that I am doing that I need to stop doing. I agree but how do you stop an automatic defense mechanism that pops up at the hint of heartache being near? I mean that is serious it is almost like fight or flight...lol... I suppose it is something that I need to work on with in me.

One thing I can say for my friend is that his delivery is so gentle even when he is telling me I am wrong or if it is one of those moments where I clearing need to be gripped up and shaken like a rag doll.

There is hope... I realized today that I am not as hardened or as jaded as I thought I was. I suppose I can relax just a little bit more.

2 comments:

  1. so what are you doing that you need to stop doing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a I am going to get you before you get me mentality, which makes me act nonchalant and very distance (sometimes even very cold). I have and will cut a man off quick. I can't do that with this situation, so that has to change.

    ReplyDelete