Monday, August 25, 2008

Tithing, The Giving That Keeps On Giving?

I sat on the phone with my girlfriend watching Michelle Obama (I love her) shine her light on America. In the middle of her speech I was of course multi tasking; I was surfing through CreditBoards and came across some valuable information which lead me to take things a step further in stabilizing my financial situation. Eventually I went onto start setting up my automatic payment for my most important (fixed) bills.

Let me just stop and say that I am grateful that a way has been made for me to get this together because just a month ago I was on the verge on filing bankruptcy (my first time saying/typing it to some one other than my gf) for the second time...

Anyway, I was telling my girlfriend that I was rather nervous but excited that I got all of my bills set up automatically to come out of my account and this is the first time that I am having the FULL ten percent of my tithes coming out of my account. Yes, I know I said I "etithe" but I never said how much I tithe. LOL!

Real talk though that is a large chunk of money that I am paying out, but in the end I have to believe that God will give it back as promised, because in the end God is all that I have. So, in expressing this to my girlfriend (who has been crying all night) that tithing has been something I struggled with because after paying all of my monthly bills I barely had anything left to give and I was quite nervous for the whole thing to go out up front. At this point she took the time to testify to me about the power of tithing... this emotionally challenged heffa began to cry, again and she made me cry. :-I All is forgiven though, don't let it happen again. LOL!

Anyway, this took me back to a few Sundays ago when all I had to "safely" tithe (aka the check won't bounce) was $5. That was the day that God said, " sit back and watch what I am about to do" while I was sitting in church. I got home that Sunday afternoon and my Dad gave me $20 to get the kids some food, because their spoiled butts did not want hot dogs.

So I took their spoiled butts to get some food and my change back was $5. 55. Now usually this would be of no bother to me but for some reason it seemed as though that lil $5 was eyeing me from my purse... I have a Way to Save account with Wachovia (I love them). Every time I use my check card, automatic withdrawal or bill pay they put $1 into a savings account. I check my accounts a few times a week to make sure it all matches up with my check registry and I noticed that I had exactly $5 in my savings account.

Funny how that $5 kept on materializing in some way shape or form. I suppose I will be holding onto that as proof (along with holding onto faith) of God's word.

As I look back on where I used to be and where I am now, I can say God has brought me a mighty, mighty long way and no one cannot tell me that God is not good.

No comments:

Post a Comment