Saturday, August 9, 2008

Lazy Weekend...

This is the first weekend in ever that I have not had to get up early, get children ready and hit the streets. Nor do I have numerous places to go, things to do and people to see. It is just one of those rare relaxed weekends where I wake up late and for the most part lay in the bed.

Though this morning my spirits were saddened as I logged on to be greeted by news that Actor/Comedian Bernie Mac had died at the age of 50 (R.I.P)... my goodness he was younger than my father. The news of his death put things into perspective for me... sigh.

Basically, I some what had the house to myself so I went and cleaned the kitchen while my Dad road my daughter around on the lawn mower this morning. When she came in the house tired and hungry I saw an opportunity to crawl back in the bed and veg out while she napped. After moving my car so my Dad could power wash it (Thank God for Daddies) I put her down got on the phone with my girlfriend, watched Twister (love natural disaster movies) and discussed ideas for her impending wedding...yeah I vegged out and then took a nap.

I was so caught up in the relaxation and laziness of the day that I forgot I had committed myself to going out with the Minister tonight for some fun. We agreed we would go out more often so I can help him stay out of trouble...LOL! We were supposed to go bowling but I have no child care lined up and I am being rather lazy today so we will be postponing our plans until next weekend (my child free weekend. YES!). It's all good he just prolonged an ass whippin that's all (damn cussed again).

Now, I am just blogging, procrastinating on school work, chillin and as always thinking, thinking, thinking. I was praying Thursday night and Friday morning I woke up with a song in my head that for some reason I can't get out. It is still rolling around in my head, instead of trying to figure out why it is there or what it means I figured I would find comfort in it and post it for everyone else to enjoy.

BeBe and CeCe Winans- Lost With Out You


No comments:

Post a Comment